Drew's Colorful Tacos
Taco Tuesday (or any day!) with these colorful meatless tacos. The smoky guajillo adobo complements the sweet grilled pineapple and zesty lime. The texture of the Meatless Chicken Pieces, with the blend of flavors in the tacos make each bite perfection.
- 1 bag Quorn Meatless Pieces
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- ¼ medium white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5-6 dried guajillo chili peppers
- ½ tsp Mexican oregano
- 1/8 tsp ground all spice
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 8-10 corn tortillas (gluten free)
- ½ cup of diced grilled pineapple
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup finely chopped white onion
- ½ cup thinly sliced red radish
- 1 sliced avocado
- Plenty of limes
- Your favorite Mexican salsa
- Prepare the adobo marinade by putting the guajillo chilli peppers in a pot with boiling water, let them sit until they are soft.
- Blend all the adobo ingredients with the chillis in a blender or food processor until smooth, check seasoning if needed.
- In a large pan, add the cooking oil and the Meatless Pieces. Cook for 8-10 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Carefully, add the adobo sauce and let it cook for 5 more minutes or until the sauce is reduced enough to your liking.
- In a comal or hot pan, warm up the tortillas until they are flexible. Stuff each taco with at least one tablespoon of cooked meatless pieces and serve on a big cutting board with the salsa and lime wedges to share.
- Top each taco with grilled pineapple, a slice of avocado, radishes, cilantro and onion to taste.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.