Drew’s Small(ish) Bowls of Bolognese
The meatless Bolognese recipe you didn’t know you were missing in your life! Simple yet delicious, this Bolognese is full of bright flavors, which are absorbed by the Meatless Grounds.
A Little Effort
Excellent source of protein
- 2 cups Quorn Meatless Grounds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup diced carrots
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced and clean leeks
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ½ cup red wine
- 2 cups jarred marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 8 oz pasta (spaghetti recommended)
- Cook your pasta in salted water following the packaging instructions.
- In a hot saucepan, add the olive oil and cook the Quorn Meatless Grounds for around 5 minutes. Remove the grounds from saucepan and reserve until step 5.
- In the same oil, sauté the carrots, celery, and leeks for 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat, add the wine and let the sauce reduce for 5 minutes. Add the marinara sauce, stirring to combine and cook on low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the Meatless Grounds and cook for 3 additional minutes, adjusting seasoning with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve the pasta in a large bowl, top with a generous amount of your sauce and finish with some finely chopped parsley.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.