To prepare the relish:
- Pre-heat the oil and cook the onions and garlic for 5-6 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the mixture has slightly thickened. Allow to cool.
To make the beans:
- In a food processor puree all the ingredients for the sauce together.
- Pour the sauce and the beans into a pan and gently simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
To make the herbed carrot fries:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Cut carrots into ‘fries’, about 1cm thick, and mix with cornstarch and a little black pepper.
- Toss with vegetable oil, spread in a single layer on a baking tray lined with parchment, and bake for 40-45 mins, turning halfway.
Mix a little salt with the herbs and toss through the cooked fries.
- In the last 19 minutes of cooking time cook the Quorn Vegan Spicy Chik'n Patties, according to pack instructions.
- Serve the burgers on a bun of your choice topped with the barbecue beans and tomato relish and enjoy with the herbed carrot fries.