Quorn Chickenless Pesto Pasta Salad
Try this Vegan take on a classic Chickenless Pesto Pasta Salad, made using Quorn Spicy Vegan Patties, homemade pesto and Vegan parmesan. Perfect for summer! Recipe by The Little Almond.
17 g of fat
- 1 Pack of Quorn Vegan Meatless Spicy Patties
- 1 Lb Dry Short Pasta (penne, rigatoni, bowtie, etc)
- 3 Cups Fresh Basil Leaves, lightly packed
- ½ Cup Pine Nuts
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- ⅔ Cups Vegan Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Pepper
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Bell Peppers, chopped
- ½ Cup Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ Cup Green Onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 425F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Bake your Meatless Spicy Vegan Patties in the oven for 19 minutes As your patties are baking, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook your pasta according to the box directions.
- As your patties and pasta are cooking, make your pesto sauce by adding your basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, vegan parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper to a food processor or blender. Blend until everything is finely chopped. On a low speed, blend your ingredients as you drizzle in your olive oil. Scrape the sides as needed and blend until everything is well combined.
- Remove your patties from the oven once it’s finished cooking, and chop it into slices or squares. Set aside. Drain your pasta once it’s finished boiling. Add your pasta back to the pot and stir in your pesto sauce until your pasta is evenly coated.
- Toss in your chopped bell peppers, chopped tomatoes, sliced green onions, and chopped patties into the pesto pasta. Mix until it’s evenly combined. Taste for salt and pepper.
- You can serve right away or chill it in the fridge for 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!
Note: This recipe will be good in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.