- Quorn Meatless Vegan Chipotle Cutlet & Blue Cornmeal Waffle with Collard Greens Slaw
Quorn Meatless Vegan Chipotle Cutlet & Blue Cornmeal Waffle with Collard Greens Slaw3.0172413793103 out of 5, 1 based on 58 ratings
Quorn Meatless Vegan Chipotle Cutlet & Blue Cornmeal Waffle with Collard Greens Slaw
915 CalsPer serving
DifficultyA Little Effort
For the Slaw:
- 1 cup collard greens, rinsed and thinly sliced
- ½ cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ cup green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- ½ cup red apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to season
For the dressing:
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Generous pinch of kosher
For the Waffle:
- 3 Quorn Meatless Vegan Chipotle Cutlets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup blue corn meal
- 2 Tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons grapeseed oil
For the slaw and dressing:
Combine all of the slaw ingredients into a large bowl.
To make the dressing, whisk the mustard, vinegar, maple, and salt until smooth.
Slowly add the olive oil and whisk until combined. Toss the salad with the dressing. Set slaw aside and make waffle and prep Quorn Meatless Vegan Chipotle Cutlets.
Heat oven to 425. Place Quorn Meatless Vegan Chipotle Cutlets on a lined sheet tray. Let cook in oven for 19 minutes.
While the Quorn Meatless Vegan Chipotle Cutlets are cooking, make the waffle.
For the waffle:
Grease your waffle iron with cooking spray. Mix the flour, cornmeal, flaxseed meal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium-large bowl. Whisk together, set aside.
In a separate, small bowl, mix the non-dairy milk, vinegar, and grapeseed oil. Whisk until combined.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together until just combined.
Cook in waffle maker for 5 - 7 minutes.
To compose the dish:
place waffle, slaw and then Quorn Meatless Vegan Chipotle Cutlet together - waffle on the bottom, then slaw, then patty. Add Tapatio, to taste. Serve with maple syrup.