Salisbury Vegetarian Steak With Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
This vegetarian “steak” dinner served with a rich and robust sauce makes a delicious weeknight dinner.
- 2 pkg (6.3 oz each) Refrigerated Meatless Salisbury-Style Steaks
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 tsp tomato paste
- 2/3 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup sodium-reduced vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- Heat butter in large skillet set over medium heat. Cook Meatless Salisbury Style Steaks for 5 to 8 minutes, turning once, or until heated through; transfer to plate and keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium-high; cook mushrooms and garlic for 5 to 8 minutes or until starting to brown. Stir in tomato paste; cook for 1 minute. Stir in wine and broth; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid is slightly thickened and reduced to about 1/2 cup. Serve mushroom sauce over steaks; garnish with chives.
Use button, cremini or a medley of mushrooms.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.