Quorn Turkey-Style Pesto Panini with Grilled Vegetables
This Italian-inspired vegetarian “turkey” panini with homemade dairy-free and gluten-free basil pesto and grilled veggies makes a simple but delicious lunch or dinner.
- 12 slices or 2 pkg (5.3 oz each) Refrigerated Quorn Meatless Turkey-Style Deli Slices
- 1 red pepper, quartered
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 8 gluten-free bread slices
- 8 slices vegan mozzarella cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well. Grill red pepper, red onion and zucchini for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until lightly charred and tender; let cool slightly. Slice thinly.
- In food processor, pulse together basil, oil, pine nuts, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Toss veggies with 2 tbsp of the pesto. Spread remaining pesto over 4 slices of bread. Top with 3 slices Quorn Meatless Turkey-Style Deli Slices, 1 slice cheese, grilled veggies and another slice of cheese; cap with remaining bread.
- Preheat panini press according to manufacturer’s instruction. Grill sandwiches in panini press for 3 to 5 minutes per sandwich or until bread is toasted and cheese melts.
Alternatively, toast sandwiches on grill preheated to medium heat. Cook sandwiches, pressing to flatten with metal spatula, until bread is toasted and cheese melts.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.