Warm Chickpea and Quorn Meatless Strips Harissa Stew
Accented with spicy harissa sauce, this satisfying stew with eggplant, red pepper and Quorn Meatless Strips is a true winter warmer. Drizzle with homemade tahini and serve with crusty bread for a delicious dinner.
A Little Effort
17.4 g of fat
- 1 pack (9.9oz) Quorn Meatless Strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 small eggplants, chopped into small cubes, 1.5lbs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp harissa paste
- 14oz tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup jarred strained, pureed tomatoes (passata)
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 14oz tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 ½ oz feta, crumbled
- 1 ¼ oz toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- Pinch salt
- 1 loaf crusty bread, for serving
For the stew:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the onion, red pepper, eggplants, garlic and salt together for 10 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Stir in the Quorn Meatless Strips and harissa. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring, until everything is well coated. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock, tomato passata and chickpeas, then bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened.
For the tahini sauce:
- Meanwhile, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, water and salt until smooth.
- Divide the stew between 6 bowls, drizzle with the tahini sauce and top with feta, pine nuts and coriander.
Tip: Serve also with warm pitta bread or couscous.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.